Thursday, November 8, 2007

Do You Need a Percocet?

So today Dr. Dinnerman and I were walking up the street to grab some lunch (at Taste of India, which has a fantastic buffet and proprietors who know me by name) before he hopped on a plane to head to a rejuvenation meeting - an "out and back" if you will, which won't provide much in the way of rejuvenation.

(How could a night away from me provide any living creature anything but angst, emptyness, and longing???)

(An aside, and I know I have many: Dr. Dinnerman now thinks that he may be - may be - gluten-intolerant. I won't say it, but I will think it: I told you so. I introduced this as a possibility a while back. I won't say it. I'll think it, though. I'm standing up inside. So, no pizza. We tried to do pizza today for lunch. No pizza. For now. For now, because there is no always.)
Anyway, we were talking, and Dr. Dinnerman was saying that he didn't pack his ibuprofen cream (he was "roughing it", in his words...use your words, Dinnerman!) so he was worried that his feet were going to hurt (he rubs it on his feet for his "undiagnosed except by himself" plantar fasciitis) so I said, "Do you need a Percocet?"

He said no, but all I heard was a girl walking into Utrecht who said, "I do!"

Sorry honey. Can't spare you one.

No comments: