Monday, November 5, 2007

3 Things I Know About Me

I don't know myself very well, but there are a few things I have learned:

1) If I make a gravy that simmers all day on the stove, I can't eat it that night. It's not just because the flavors develop the longer it sits, and all that jazz. It's that I actually get bored by it, as if by being around it all day smelling it while it cooks causes me to go on gravy related sensory overload, and I just have to stick the whole pot in the fridge and not think about it again for 24 to 48 hours.

2) If I write something, and go back immediately or very soon after to read it, I just want to delete the entire thing. This is probably why I have destroyed most of what I've written over my lifetime. It's like I don't want to be reminded of all the shit swirling around in my head 24/7, that I can never escape. It's too much to look at it on paper as well.

I guess I get tired of myself. Maybe I'm interesting to others, but I live in my head all day every day, and I get sick of it. I mean, how is this stuff interesting to me? It's the buzzing in my head; it's nothing new or noteworthy. It's like I get "Cushlash" (Cushlash...Cushlash... Cushlash! Cushlash! Cushlash!)

3) I don't like when it gets cold and I don't like it when darkness falls early. I don't like it, I don't like it, I don't like it at all!

No comments: