Thursday, July 24, 2008

This cow got into an onion patch

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of half and half so I hiked up to the local Shell station one morning for a pint.
I noticed as I was pouring it into my coffee that the half and half was all clumpy and curdled-looking.
I brought it back to the Shell station and said to the Bozo the Clown look-alike that something was wrong with it, it was curdled, maybe it had been stored improperly or something?

He said, no, that's not the problem. The problem is that it came from the wrong cow. Um, huh?
He said that the cow this came out of had just had a calf and wasn't given enough time before she was milked again. Apparently the milk gets really thick after they give birth? (Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?)

I was so intrigued that I failed to notice until later that he made me pay for the replacement. I guess the lesson was worth the price of admission.

You learn something new everyday!

No comments: