Monday, July 14, 2008

Enduring Air Quality Issues at Chez Steph

I know I haven't said much about it lately because I am trying to remain positive and focus on the good in my life (which is plentiful, I know. I am a very lucky girl!), but the stench from a fucking club that somehow* obtained permits to smoke cigars/cigarettes in this non-smoking state is continuing to have a negative impact on our lives. No one is helping us. Here is what I have to say about it tonight:

(*"somehow", in the fair state of Rhode Island, almost always involves greasing certain palms, usually those of City and State officials. Either that or said party perhaps is friends with the judge's husband, thus affecting the "clarity" of said judge's thought processes. But nobody will ever talk about that.)


Hello (President of the Condo Board),

I am wondering when we can expect the Condo Association to put some measure in place to give us relief. The whole idea of an emergency measure involves the concept that said intervention happen quickly, and to date this has obviously not been the case.
The stench of second hand cigar smoke in the hallway leading to our unit (224) is continuous and overpowering, and as you are well aware, also infiltrates our condo and those of others who are unfortunate enough to live close enough to the club. I can't help but think that the Board and the Corliss Landing Condo Association would have done something by now (something - portable air filters, anything! help alleviate this!) if you, as President of the Board, had to live here full time, every day, without the option of escaping to your other residences. Maybe I am mistaken, but there it is.
I am sure you realize that the Board and Condo Association, by taking no action, are opening themselves up to lawsuits. We sure as hell do. I have been in varying states of respiratory distress for the duration of this plight; I haven't been able to take a deep breath since last October. This entire situation is, at best, one of those things in life that just ain't right. I'd like a little help here.

Thank you,
Steph

No comments: