Saturday, July 26, 2008

Music, Food, Jeff Buckley, and My Ipod

(Think The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover)

My Ipod shit the bed yesterday, and I am suffering the sequelae. It gets worse by the hour; these things always do get worse before they get better. Tomorrow I will venture out to the Apple store at the mall (groan), which will no doubt be busy busy busy because of the new Iphone and all its charms.


Ahem. Which leads me to wonder: if I could only have one of the two, which would I pick? Music or food? Which would sustain me more completely? Is it even possible to dissect apart the two and their respective influences on my psyche? (Which is no doubt positive! Such a shining example I am of mental health!)


If I could only have one or the other, which would I pick? Which means more to me? Listening to and playing music, or cooking and eating food?

I realize this is ridiculous, and would never be a decision I would have to make. I am an American, after all. I want for nothing but a soul and someone with whom to discuss its implications. As I listen to Jeff Buckley (on the Dinnerman's Ipod, thanks god) and smell my meatballs simmering on the stove, I can't imagine being without either.


Hallelujah.

No comments: