Sunday, October 21, 2007

You Don't Know Me

So, you think you know me. Well, I don't think you really do.

Since I am still painfully anonymous online amidst a plethora of food bloggers, I now tag myself for a meme. (And I'm not even educated enough to know precisely what that is).

Here are 5 things you must know to know me:

1) I am really an Aries even though I was brought up Pisces.
Yes, it's true. My mother even had an "ode to Pisces" framed on her wall alongside my sister's "ode to Libra". Mom is long since gone (rest her weary soul) but those astrological stigmas remain. I recently found out that since I was born in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, where it is always later than most places in the world, and since I was born late in the day on the last day of Pisces, that in fact the sun was in Aries when I decided to emerge from the womb.
I am aware that being born on the cusp imbues one with qualities of the two straddling signs, so my entire life until now has not been a total joke (ha!).
Still, it's been a challenge, dealing with this newly imposed identity. I, an Aries. I think it fits better, actually. Sorry for bringing this upon you all, but all I can think of is that Hitler was an Aries too, though at the tail end, on the other cusp. (If you're not into full disclosure and filterless monologue, then don't read my blog!)

My Chinese is here. More tomorrow.

2) I have always loved the taste of orange Triaminic and Kaopectate.

3) I love the smell of a skunk.

4) Junior Mints were once my favorite candy.

5) My dad once had UB40 in his basement and didn't know who they were.

(but that's not really about me, so...)

5a) I make the best popcorn you've ever had - the old fashioned way.


There's a lot more to me than that, but I am having a mental block right now. I am also somewhat conflicted with where to draw the line regarding personal facts that no one knows on this rather public forum which I have advertised extensively to all who know me.
It might get more real, people, give it time.

There was a beautiful skunk near the car tonight, puttering around. I didn't get a whiff of him though...next time!


Go Sox! (even the homeless around here are jazzed up!)

No comments: