Sunday, October 28, 2007

Overheard


Here are a couple of things I overheard in the past half hour.

Man to woman, in the liquor store while I was purchasing beer for the games:
"I don't know what to buy. You're the one who wanted to go shopping for wine; I just wanted to stay home and take a nap."
Yeah, that's about right.

Steven to the television while I was upstairs folding clothes:
"Oh my God!" (and here, in my ignorance, I am thinking something noteworthy happened in Gillette Stadium, perhaps, but no...)
"Look at the size of her ass!!!"

(He was referring to a certain figure skater from a certain prominent east coast family that seems to have the ability to produce quality figure skaters, who apparently consumed a few too many carbs this summer.)


Scariest thing I've seen today:
That new Geico commercial featuring the Cabbage Patch adult. WTF? That's gonna give me nightmares, for sure, you wait.

Go Sox! (The Pats don't need my help - 52 to nothing? Come on, people...it's not even a contest anymore.)

No comments: