Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Drosophila issues

I have a fruit fly problem.

I confess, I do not refrigerate my tomatoes. I am thusly plagued with drosophila melanogaster (from the Greek for black-bellied dew-lover, for all of you word enthusiasts out there).

What do I do, people?

I have googled this, and I have dishes of apple cider vinegar (specially purchased for this latest household challenge, I might add) mixed with Palmolive sitting on my counter. Well, we'll see.
(Look at how those two words, well and we'll, have the same letters, but different meanings because of the apostrophe!! - like It's The Same Old Song, but with a different meaning since you came along...)

Help me fight this pestulance!

I think they are breeding, and I am a clean person, dammit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph- Having fruit flies does not make you an unclean person- they just like your tomatas!! I miss you guys and all this talk of food- it makes me hungry!! and, it makes me wish I was back in Cleveland. There's a lot said about "southern cooking" but, really, it's not so good. Nothing in the world compares to good gravy, good sausage, and good pasta, oh and let's not forget about CHEESE and OLIVES- Down here it's all about fried catfish and okra. WHAT is okra anyway ? Well, at least they have good bourbon. I long for a good meal at Primo's too- Oh,and some good wine. You know, I think Steven is right- there really isn't enough Chardonnay. With Love- barb