Friday, February 22, 2008

This is Living?

Apologies for my lengthy scarcity of late, my peeps! I've been quite the busy bee.
Not much new to report, though I do have a job now, which in part explains my absence.
In what I've come to know as the usual song of life, everything has changed yet nothing's changed at all. I am working, ever so busy adjusting to a new rhythm in my days. I haven't had much time to cook. In fact, last week I didn't cook one thing, unless you call toasting bagels and microwaving hot cereal cooking. In that case, I cooked every morning.
There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. I don't know why we feel the need to lead life at this pace. It doesn't seem natural to me. I mean, think about it. If you get up, go to work, then to the gym, then home, then shower, then dinner, and just wake up to do it all again...how is that living life? It seems more like life is taking you for a ride. Maybe that's the appeal. People don't want to have time to think about anything. Fill the day with business so you don't know what it feels like to be alive. There's no time!

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday. And I'm extra glad I am getting a much-needed massage tomorrow. So far, that is the only plan for the weekend. I'd like to keep it that way.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your new job! Yeah, I don't know how people do it. I just commute a few blocks and I still don't feel like I have time!

Steph said...

Thanks Steph!
You do so much! How do you fit it all in?
Though I am grateful and relieved that I finally have a job after having been laid off over a year ago, it's a big adjustment. I am used to having so much time! Now my days fly by.
I too am only a few blocks away, which is great.