Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mourning the Loss of a Memory Card


I am an utter idiot.

It what turned out to be a fruitless attempt to change the setting on my camera to one resulting in less than the current 20 minute per-picture uploads to Flickr, I managed to erase every last megabyte on my memory card.
Gone is any evidence of trips taken in the last 2 years. Bye-bye beach on Puerto Rico; ciao, Roma. Adios, Mexico; so long Little Compton, with the moon rising out of the ocean every night. Farewell brain of Steph.

See you later, alligator. After a while, crocodile.

I am an utter idiot.

It will be a very long time before I am over this one. I take photographic memories quite seriously. I have bins of negatives from my early days in the game. Decades of memories. This feels like the past 2 years went up in smoke. It will not be easy to move on from here.

1 comment:

Aaron Martin-Colby said...

There are programs that can retrieve the lost pictures.

http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/60