Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's No Crying At Work!

The job has a learning curve, as is expected with anything new. All in all, it's good. I really like the people I work with; they are smart and funny - quality people. It's fast-paced and time flies. It's interesting.
All of which leads me up to this little gem: today the inevitable happened. I had a meltdown at a meeting. I had messed something up that was brought to my attention, something I thought I had done right. Add that to the ongoing stress of just not knowing what the fuck anyone is talking about most of the time, and I couldn't hold it together anymore.
In my defense, this was minor in comparison to meltdowns of yore. I recovered rather quickly. The episode also had the unexpected result of everyone else coming forth with war stories of their own from their first weeks.
What can I say? I am not impervious. I am human. I am sensitive, and that's sometimes a double-edged sword.

The smoke in the halls is simply overpowering tonight. I can't believe the city allows this to go on. Everyone passes the buck. The Dept. of Health washes its hands with the City Solicitor who just sends a threatening letter? How does that help us? Mayor Cicilline, why won't you help us? Stop the 520 Club from killing your citizens!

No comments: