Monday, January 21, 2008

And The Beat Goes On...

Well, yeah.

We've been eating, sleeping, blowing snot from our noses, coughing up loogies from our lungs.

We've been working, drinking, cursing the ground we walk upon.

We've been making sweet loving down by the fire, and boiling eggs for breakfast.

It's been the best of times and the worst of times. These are the times of our lives.

Afflicted with some run-of-the-mill garden variety cold this past week, the Dinnerman and I are not silent in our suffering.
But we continue to indulge that grumbling in our stomachs with whatever strikes our fancy.

This week it's been much of the usual with a jimmy-sprinkle of something new.

Monday
We ate takeout from our old standby A Taste of India. I love when you get to that place with a restaurant where you only have to say your name and nothing else - they know the rest. We're so predictable with our orders at this place. Sometimes that's ok.

Tuesday
I roasted a chicken, with carrots, potatoes, garlic, and parsnips (which the Dinnerman shunned)...served with a simple salad.

Wednesday
Cavatelli (locally made at Gem, my favorite pasta place) with a gravy (made on Monday - it's always better after it incubates for a day or two) with sausage and lots of pork: boneless ribs and butt. Mmm.

Thursday
I think we got takeout from Parkside but I can't remember. Isn't that terrible?
What can I say? We've been a little under the weather and more than a little stressed. I do know that we didn't starve.

Friday
Our usual Sakura takeout, nothing innovative, just fast and fresh sushi. After a drink at the Hot Club. Early night.

Saturday
I convinced the Dinnerman to try El Rancho Grande, after my talking about it for weeks.
Wow. What a place! Red sangria, Tecate beer, chips with deliciously spicy salsa and guacamole, warm hospitality and delicious food. He had the goat; I had spicy shrimp in a tomato-ey sauce. Both came with yummy refried beans, a salad, tortillas, and rice.
Maria, the owner, came over and introduced herself. There was a party going on (birthday? christening?) with a huge cake, and they gave everyone dining in the restaurant a piece of cake. Where else do you get that?
In the future, I will try the tamales, enchiladas, and the mole. Maybe all at once, maybe not.

Sunday
Madeira. Pork and clams, enough food for 5 people. Grilled swordfish. Bread, shrimp in a butter garlic sauce, portuguese soup.
Pats game, food coma, sleep.

Lather, rinse, repeat. We're already back at Monday. And we just ate our Indian food...
Good night everyone!

(What's for breakfast?)

1 comment:

zubeldia said...

Oh yummy, I love Indian food :-)

sorry about your cold, sweets. I owe you email.. I know it. I owe everyone email! But you're at the top of my list.

Do you want to write a chapter for me? I make a mean kale salad!!!!! I bet that's tempting!!

love to you, Steph, Z