Friday, August 15, 2008

Everything's Better With Bacon

Last night I just didn't know what to do. I had thawed out some boneless breasts, but seriously didn't feel like grilling.
In the fridge, I had an abundance of the zucchini and yellow squash that's omnipresent here this time of year, plus bacon, garlic, basil, onions, and a hunk of Narragansett Creamery's fresh mozzarella.
On the counter, I had some German striped tomatoes from White Barn Farm that I got at last week's Wickenden Street Farmer's Market.
I rubbed each chicken breast with kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne, olive oil, and minced garlic. I then topped each with a slice of zucchini, a slice of yellow squash and some fresh basil leaves and wrapped the whole she-bang in bacon. Into the over at 400 for about 20-25 minutes (I think), or until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crisp.
I served this with an insalata caprese.

Quick, easy, and a little out of the ordinary routine. Plus, bacon!

2 comments:

michael, claudia and sierra said...

this dinner totally appeals to me in every single way. and yes, wrapping anything in bacon is a huge plus...

that mozarella made my mouth water

Steph said...

Thank you! I'm honored. Everything you cook makes my mouth water.