Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recent Bites

Saturday we flew home. Great flight on Swiss Air, thanks for asking! I especially enjoyed the warm pizza pocket we were served. The coach section on Swiss Air is much more spacious and the flight attendants much nicer than on Lufthansa. Plus, the Zurich airport is much less crazy and much more pretty than Frankfurt. I will fly Swiss Air again, whenever possible.

Sunday we were anxious to get to Madeira, where I had the broiled scabbard and the Dinnerman indulged in the pork and clams. He ate the whole thing! We were starving, still on European time. (I had been up - as in out of bed and showered - since 3:30am)
Then we sat in the courtyard with Kenny and reminisced. It was a beautiful evening in Providence!

Monday found us up in Cambridge. I saw The Fall at the indie movie theater - great film. I had lettuce wraps and noodle soup at Anise in Kenmore Square.
Then the Dinnerman and I went to Fleming's in Providence. I had the salmon, he had the bone-in ribeye. I love Fleming's. They have a great selection of wine by the glass, and very friendly staff. I also love the radishes and celery that come with the crispy crackers, cheese spread, and olive tapenade. Plus they make great Manhattans.

This morning the power went out so we trekked up the street to The Brickway. The Dinnerman had french toast with ham and home fries, and I had that omelette with the mushrooms, onions, and brie. Mmm...

Still have not been to the grocery store since we got in. Will I go today? What will we eat tonight? Stay tuned...

No comments: