Saturday, June 14, 2008

So Long Tim Russert...

...may you rest in peace.

Yesterday the world suddenly lost a great and talented man. Tim Russert was a fixture in our home on Sunday mornings, and he spoke at my graduation from Providence College in 1999.

He was tenacious and driven, but to me it always seemed that he always wanted to get to the truth, and had an uncanny ability to engage his subjects. But he was always fair. It's telling that people have only good things to say about him. He was obviously a well-respected man.
I'm sure he was a well-loved man too.

I was at the gym yesterday when I saw the headline flash across CNN, and I kept thinking that his family will always remember the time around Father's Day for this. It was reminiscent of when my own mother became deathly ill right before Mother's Day 11 years ago. You never get it out of your head.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his wife and son, and to everyone else whose lives were made better by his presence.

No comments: