Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Goodbye to Grilling

It's that time of year again - when the grill first gets gradually neglected, then altogether ignored, and finally just put away until spring.

This always saddens me, because grilling is probably my favorite method of cooking. And it's not so much an issue of the days being too cold, just too short!

Since we turned back the clocks, the sun has been shining so brightly with temps in the 60's most days this week.
Great! I think of what to grill...

But by the time our stomachs are rumbling for dinner, the sun has gone down. I know I'm pretty adept with a spatula and some tongs, but even I can't cook in the dark.

Farewell, my friend the grill. Have a restful winter's nap, because I'll be giving you quite the spring training workout!

No comments: