Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

Setting: Urban condo, modern day. I am in the kitchen making dinner; my man is on the couch watching television and drinking Maker's.

My man: "I want a Lap Band."

Me: "Why do you want a lap dance? From who?"

My man (laughing): "Lap Band. Because I'm fat! Not lap dance!"

Me: "I've never given anyone a lap dance. You don't have much of a lap!"

My man: Lap Band. I just saw a commercial for the Lap Band!"

Me: "You want your black pants? You split the crotch when you bent over in that hotel room in Italy, remember?"

My man: "No! Not my black pants! Lap Band. Lap Band! I'm too fat! I split my black pants, and there's no room on my lap for a dance."

Me: "What's a Lap Band?"

We need either an open kitchen or hearing aids.


(In case you don't know what it is either, here's the website for the Lap Band system:
http://www.lapband.com/)

No comments: