Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Love James Woods as Much as I Despise Kent County Hospital

There is a small article in today's Providence Journal announcing that James Woods has sued Kent County Hospital over the death of his brother in 2006. The lawsuit claims his brother received negligent medical care.

Here's the link to the article (from the Boston Herald - not the Projo link because their website SUCKS): http://tinyurl.com/yzg2f8o

I now love James Woods even more than ever, and I'm a longtime fan. Before you all start in on me with tales of how he's a douchebag (as happened when I last broadcast my love), let me say this - he's a Rhode Islander. That, in itself, explains it away. We are a little rough around the edges, and don't mince words.

He grew up in Warwick, and so did I. He's had surgery at Rhode Island Hospital, and so did I! I even had x-rays on the same day as he did one day in late July 2006.
Now we have even more in common. Kent County mistreated one of our family members.

While we did not pursue any legal action for various reasons, my mother was definitely the recipient of negligent medical care at KC Hospital back in 1997. She would have died anyway, but I firmly believe that had she been given appropriate attention and care she would have likely suffered less and perhaps lived a little bit longer. Botched care. That's what it was, plain and simple.

So, I am rooting for James Woods to prevail over Kent Hospital when the trial begins this coming Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we are living in WARWICK R.I. we of course happened to meet and know Michael WOODS, nice smiling guy as well as a heavy drinker, who left kids and wife, poker addict = he had an unhealthy chaotic way of life, that's was his own choice... he paid the price. His brother James WOODS should have shown concern while his brother was alive... R.I. Kent Hospital doctors and nurses did their job with dedication and great care as they used to. Woods was dying as he was brought too late to hospital. MAY MICHAEL WOODS REST IN PEACE.
Margaret and Jack W., WARWICK RHODE ISLAND