Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gulf Lover, Me.


Room with a view
Originally uploaded by whatstepheats
Cannot believe I've been home less than one week. I feel like I need muchisimo mas de the Gulf of Mexico. Perhaps the remainder of my lifetime - and even that may not be enough.

Watching the Amazing Race, wishing I could be on that too. Want to be a flight attendant. Want to never touch down. Wanderlust. Strikes. Hard. Continuously.

In other news, it's quite exciting to have had a weekend here in RI with temps in the 60's. Very encouraging.

On the front of things somewhat discouraging, our dear friend is not long for this world. His spirit, however, is as dominant and full of life as ever, when he attains consciousness. Today he did such and was speaking a melange of English, French, Bengali, and Gibberish. Only from his lips could that mix sound elegant. And it did.

It all makes me realize how damn lucky I am. I have my health (as far as I can tell); I have a man who adores me (and who is a recipient in turn of my constant affections); I eat well, always; I have a warm and cozy bed in which I lay my body each night - next to the one man I love more than anything or anyone on the planet. I lack nothing. Nothing at all.

Look around yourself, and revel.

No comments: