Friday, March 20, 2009

36!

Today is my 36th birthday. How did I make it this far? I don't know how all that time went by; time goes by in the blink of an eye, but somehow the days and nights are long.


So far today it's been very exciting: I washed my sheets and had lunch at the hospital with the Dinnerman, as it seems he will be working late this evening.


Last night we did have a wonderful meal at Al Forno. I had the grilled scallops with mushrooms and creamy parsnips. I highly recommend this dish; it's become my new favorite there.


I've not had much to say lately. I just kind of feel lost and deflated, and I'm not entirely sure why. I've lost 3 people in the past month, but really was only close to one of them. Maybe that has just been a sobering reminder of the fleeting nature of life, and how it is all about loss in the end.


I kind of feel like I'm just drifting about with no purpose and nothing to look forward to, and it is rather unnerving. I'm getting older and thought I'd have more to show for it by now, I guess.

Maybe it's just that I'm sick of the cold weather and sick of the day-to-day. I need a change.


Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You know, I've been here for years and still have not made it to Al Forno's! I know it's one of the best places to eat, just never got there!
Do you like wine? There's a fantastic wine dinner coming up next Tuesday at Sophia's Tuscan Grill in Warwick. Been there before for those dinners. We're hooked!
Anyway, happy birthday. Hope it was all you wished for!
Donna