Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pair of Hearts


Pair of Hearts
Originally uploaded by whatstepheats
Happy Valentine's Day to all 3 of my loyal readers!

This is a photo of the pair of chicken hearts I roasted with a whole bird last week. The little guy on the right was inside the cavity of the chicken, and the big heart on the left was a fortuitous find inside a package of chicken livers. I got the baby, the Dinnerman got the giant.

Yesterday was not the best of days for me, and marks my first problematic Friday the 13th.

I awoke around 6:15 am with abdominal cramps, and it was all downhill from there, if you know what I mean. I won't get into the gory details. Suffice it to say that a morning full of gastrointestinal distress morphed into an afternoon of fever, chills, and some of the worst myalgias and arthalgias I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

The Dinnerman kept calling to make sure I was still alive, and, bless his heart, returned home with Gatorade and ginger ale. By then I was pretty much over the hump, but you know something's wrong when I go to the Hot Club and order a ginger ale.

After that, we ate some Chinese food and watched reruns of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. It felt so good to laugh really hard; it felt even better to sleep for 10 hours and wake up feeling much more like myself.

Hope your day is a good one, and Cupid treats you well. In the wake of my own (thankfully relatively short-lived) sickness and that terrible and fatal plane crash in Buffalo, NY, I'm reminded of the importance of appreciating each moment with the person I love most in this life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child I LOVED chicken hearts! Other organs ... NSM.

Anonymous said...

Steph: you have a fourth regular reader now! By the way ... the pictures on your blog are not working tonight. Enjoy your blog...keep writing!

Anonymous said...

I am still very loyal!!! Read all the time!!