Saturday, March 29, 2008

No Country For Old Men/ Red Box

Rented from RedBox last night by the Dinnerman.



First let me applaud whomever came up with the concept of dvd box as vending machine - up the street at the Shell station on the way to pick up sushi - there's your dvd vending machine!
For a dollar plus tax per night!

No matter that it was broken when we tried again this afternoon. We all have kinks to work out of the armor.

So, the movie. I had seen it before when the man was out of town, and had been telling him how much he would enjoy it.

I don't understand all the criticism it received. I think that it's a result of the subtlety of the piece - people just can't deal with anything understated in this country. Unfortunately, it has to cluck loudly and flash bright lights for something to be lauded in this land.

I thought Javier Bardem had a brilliant performance - so disturbing. He has crazy in his eyes. I love that. The movie was just brilliant in every way.

Tommy Lee Jones was amazing. Every character fully embodied his or her roles. It is one of the best movies I or the Dinnerman have seen in a long time. I will own this one. It is fantastic.

Ok! Time for a cocktail and leftover head-on shrimp!


No comments: