Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to My Dinnerman!

Today Dr. Dinnerman turns 41.

In honor of his birthday, I will explain the origin of his blog moniker:
Years ago, a local hospital had a "yuk truk" that pulled up outside the Emergency Department around 2 or 3 am every morning. Upon its arrival you would hear over the loudspeaker, "Paging Dr. Dinnerman, Dr. Dinnerman, please report to emergency."

The name seemed to suit him. It stuck.


And yes, I called him that before I started this blog.


As a bonus, I will explain the origin of my blog title:
The Dinnerman and I were out to eat with his mom, sister, brother in law, niece and nephew.
In response to the Dinnerman's complaints of getting too fat, his mom replied, "Why don't you eat what Steph eats!"
At the time, I ate lots of fish and vegetables. I still do, but not until after I've had my bacon, sausage, and steak.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Dinnerman. May you live a long, happy, and prosperous life. Here's to 41 more years together!

No comments: