Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Dusting of Snow, First Blast of Cold

It's cold here in Providence. Muy frio. Bitterly cold, and it snowed a little today for the first time all season, unless you count that two-minute dusting one morning last month - November 20th, to be exact.

The Volvo is dealing with it's first snow exposure very well, I must say. We've discovered that it has a cute little snowflake symbol that appears next to the temperature reading when the temp falls anywhere between 36 degrees F down to 25 or thereabouts. Kind of arbitrary, not coinciding with anyone's cutoff of what freezing really is, but what can you do. We've decided it'a charming nonetheless.

The Dinnerman and I are not so enamored with snow or cold nearly as much as we are with that little snowflake symbol, though. Not so much. I love the Holiday Season; I mostly love the lights. I've come to understand that about myself.

Here comes my usual Sunday night plaint - gotta go, my Chinese is here.
The Dinnerman's hungry.

No comments: