Thursday, November 6, 2008

There are So Many Colors in the Rainbow!


I've been thinking about it for about a week - how many colors we can turn, both literally and otherwise. These thoughts came to me in that space between sleeping and waking one morning last week.

Red: Flushing, blushing, physical over-exertion, anger, fury, sunburn...

Orange: Too much beta-carotene ingestion (try eating pounds of carrots and see what happens)...

Yellow: Liver failure, fear, cowardice, also derogatory for Asian I think, which pisses me off...

Green: Envy, sometimes also associated with nausea, but I don't believe that faces ever turn green literally...

Blue: Lack of oxygen, face paint...

Purple: Extreme physical over-exertion, face paint...

White: Blood draining from one's face (induced by fear, illness, whatever), face paint...

Black: Moles, malignant melanoma, stuff the football players use under their eyes to alleviate glare...and face paint.

Yes, I am crazy. Thanks for wondering, and thanks for reading!

On a culinary note, I am roasting cod with pesto and pistachio crumb topping, simmering brown rice with black beans, and have already created a salad of Bibb lettuce, tomato, feta, spicy olives, and red onion.

Happy days are here again! A change has come.


And dear readers, feel free to augment my color cause list. I'm going to eat dinner now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I get accused of having ice water in my veins, yet I don't have a bluish coloration, in fact have a decent tan.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I added you to my blogroll, hope you don't mind, as I like your site and it would be beneficial to my audience of traders.

Jeff

Steph said...

Jeff,

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll; I've done the same!

Ice water in your veins? Hmm. No wonder you live somewhere hot and humid. It's possible that the tan serves to cover up that blue hue.

Steph