Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pink Lilacs - From My Balcony to My Kitchen Counter


Pink Lilacs
Originally uploaded by whatstepheats

The previous owners of our condo left behind all these pots of plants on the balcony. One is a huge evergreen, and the rest looked like weeds. I was so happy to discover that one of them was a pink lilac bush - my favorite! This year light purple violets bloomed in another pot.

I brought a bunch of lilacs inside yesterday and they made the kitchen smell so fragrant. A splash of spring!

I think yesterday was the most beautiful day we have had this year so far. It was surprisingly warm, especially after the cold Friday we had. The Dinnerman and I have been actively trying to avoid restaurants where we think graduation dinners will be monopolizing the scene, so yesterday we ate at Mike's and today at Quito's. Sorry, no pics! But be on the lookout, I have figured out Flickr and now I'm on a roll.

Last night was so mild and beautiful. We sat in the courtyard drinking Cold River potato vodka and pomegranite juice with Kenny, who was in a bad mood. Then we ordered a little sushi from Sakura and The Dinnerman picked out an awesome movie at the RedBox. It was called Untraceable with Diane Lane, one of my favorite actresses. She had a cute shorter haircut in this thriller. I remarked during the movie that it reminded me of Silence of the Lambs, and the Dinnerman said that it was billed using this comparison. I guess I should have been a movie critic, based on that. (As George Costanza once said, "I like movies...")

Sorry for my scarcity of late. We've been pretty busy. We just got back from California, and this week we leave for Spain for the rest of the month.

I uploaded a bunch of pictures to Flickr - check them out! There will be plenty more to come when I get back!

(To see my Flickr photostream, click on the above pic)


No comments: