Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Portuguese Feast This Weekend!

Everyone! This is the weekend for the Portuguese feast at Our Lady of the Rosary Church on Traverse Street, which is off Wickenden Street behind Adler's Hardware. If you've been to the Wickenden Street Farmers' Market, it's right there!

When I ventured up there today I noticed they had strung lights up and were getting the area ready.

Last year the Dinnerman and I went because of Kenny's stories about the grilled sardines. We sat on the curb near the giant outdoor grills and sampled one of just about everything. Standouts in my mind were the grilled sardines and the spatchcocked grilled little chicken - one of the best we've ever had. They also had the ever-present grilled chourico sandwiches and some manner of potatoes.

And yes, they do have beer and wine, for those of you who think like I do.
You must go!

Here's a link to their website, which has contact info and the schedule:
http://www.rosary463.com

2 comments:

Bob Black said...

Oh Yes! We'll will be there for sure. What's better than a chourice sandwich? One of the best things about summer is all the festivals. The Italian Festival starts tomorrow at Waterplace Park, too!

Steph said...

I love all the festivals and feasts! I didn't know about the Italian Festival; I'll have to check it out.