Friday, September 11, 2009

Groudhog Day in September

If my legion of loyal readers has noticed that I've not been posting pics of meals lately, here's the simple explanation: they all look the same.
I've fallen into a grilling rut. I'm bored with what I cook, enough so that I don't even take photos most of the time, because it all looks the same - protein with grill marks, veggies, salad. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Every now and again I'll make a red sauce with meatballs and sausages for pasta. Last week I even made a beef stew with smoked bacon and blood sausage. But by and large, it's been grilled salmon, grilled chicken, grilled steak, grilled pork chops.

So it's with great excitement and giddiness that I bring you this news! Today I trudged through the light mist to the downtown farmers' market and found a rack of goat from Simmons Farm. So excited to have my way with it next week.

But the man wants his pasta, so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Yup. Making meatballs.

Be happy in the face of the rain.

No comments: