Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dear James Woods...

...I think you're great.

I have always been a fan of the intensity you bring to each character you play. I am proud that you are a native Rhode Islander, as I am also from Warwick, where you originated.

I recently re-watched Any Given Sunday, and was blown away by your performance.

I loved Shark - what happened to that show? It was becoming a staple in my television lineup. You were amazing in it!

It seems that I see you at Rhode Island Hospital just about every summer these past several years. This began in 2006, when I had broken my leg and was waiting with you in the x-ray department one day in July. You were very cordial to those who approached you with their admiration, shaking hands, saying thank you. I was struck by your down to earth nature.
I didn't approach you, as I kind of have a policy about that. I wouldn't want to be bothered, so why inflict myself on others?

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there. I'm a big fan.

I'm very sorry about your brother. Though it's no longer breaking news, having lost my own mom 12 years ago I know it takes a long time to work through something like this.

I do hope you were able to locate your mom's nurse, and that your family and you are doing well. Hope to see you on tv or the silver screen sometime very soon.

It'd be a dream to be able to be there with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We used to work with actor JAMES WOODS - Hollywood showbiz industry - great genious actor, WOODS is a PAIN IN THE ASS on movies or tv's sets = sure WOODS plays 'HI I am a nice guy, thanks guys...' is as well a 'asshole' while working on TV SERIES SHARK in L.A., yelling/insulting everyone, getting made of everything, moody, bad tempered - He brought a vulgar young bimbo Ashley Madison on set - they both behaved like jerks : loud, vulgar, smooching, kissing = indeed the cheap blond chick looks like a whore. WOODS is an ass. SORRY !
WILL BERNDT, Beverly Hills