Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Showers

So what's the deal, Spring? It's been pouring off and on since yesterday afternoon. There go the plans we had to throw some fish on the grill tonight.
But it's the 21st century, after all, and we can bake this delicate turbot inside. I've been quite inspired by several of you out there in the blogosphere (and you know who you are!) to concoct a variation on the roasted beet, avocado, walnut, and cilantro salad theme on the side.

So, as I sit here and smell my cilantro-scented fingers, I am reminded once again of how good we have it in life, and how things could always be much, much worse - both with respect to dinner options and finger scents.

In other news, the Dinnerman and I had a lovely day Saturday visiting his mom in Revere Beach. The weather was beautiful and we got to eat at one of our favorite places - The Newbridge Cafe in Chelsea. Sunday we had the pleasure of brilliant sunshine and a late lunch at Madeira.
Last night my eccentric aunt called from Idaho at 3:30 am to let me know that there will be meteor showers tonight. Somehow I don't think they'll be visible through the cloudcover, but one never does know. (I love my aunt - she and I are startlingly alike in so many ways.)
Tomorrow night we have a dear friend visiting, and he wants some New England seafood, so Hemenway's it is. He trained with the Dinnerman long ago and is from Brazil by way of Omaha. The man loves food, and we've already taken him to Bacaro and Al Forno.

Stay tuned for what I hope will prove to be the most interesting meal I have cooked in 4 months.

And stay dry!

No comments: