Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Love Lisbon!

We've been in Portugal for a few days and I am struck by how warm the people are here. It's beautiful. Every man we see is fawning over his woman; public displays of affection are the norm. How wonderful and liberating it must be to exist in a culture that is so open with affection and holds women in such esteem.
In my observation the people here go out of their way to connect with you, no matter what language you speak or from where you come. It's possible to get by with hand gestures and facial expressions. There is such depth in the eyes I have seen here. It's pain and warmth and passion.
As usual, we sought out advice on where to eat from the locals. We were not disappointed. And my lips are sealed!


See more pics of our trip here: http://flickr.com/photos/21569696@N07/2879951293/in/set-72157607436858738/

No comments: