Friday, January 15, 2010

My Heart Bleeds for Haiti

Just taking a moment to call attention to the situation in Haiti, which is horrifying and very sad.


While it certainly is heartening to see how the entire world has jumped to attention in efforts to help, the tragic devastation of the island nation is of grand proportions - something that will likely take years and years to turn around.

Though I'd never been to Haiti, I have a friend who spent 3 years there in the Peace Corp and loves to regale any audience with stories. Those years have been fondly remembered - he learned Creole and came to love the people.

Even if you have no money to give, a good thought or a prayer can help too.

I'm sure there are many ways to give; this is just one and likely old news by now: by texting 90999 to Haiti you can donate $10 to the Red Cross for Haiti Relief Fund. It adds up! Last time I checked the fund had reached $4 million.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted a challenge on a liberal blog willing to match donations Nobody, not one responded.

Jeff