Saturday, March 1, 2008

Garfield Minus Garfield



Today did not begin as the best of days. It was rainy and yucky and cold to start off, and I woke up with a sinus headache. I was kind of achey all over and tired.
I didn't do anything that really fed my soul either - laundry and cleaning were the main events.
Then I discovered my checking account was overdrawn due to an obscene error by Verizon Wireless. Just what I needed! I've been with them for years and never had any problems until a couple weeks ago when I changed the name on the account. Since then it's been a comedy of errors and misinformation. Well, not really a comedy. More like a melodrama.

I did have my way with them, though. They were very accomodating. I got them to cover any overdraft fees I will incur plus give me a $50 credit for my troubles. All it took was an hour on the phone. Grrr..

The afternoon turned a corner. Lunch at El Rancho Grande helped. Chicken enchiladas and red sangria can improve the mood of this chick every time.
The skies cleared the way for a gorgeous pink and blue watercolor sunset. And then I found this gem on the internet, which had me laughing out loud, to the consternation of the Dinnerman. More evidence that I am far from normal.

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/

No comments: